One week from tonight, early 80 graduating seniors from high schools throughout Middlesex County will take part in an annual tradition, the newest incarnation of what was started decades ago by then-East Brunswick High School football coach Marcus Borden: the inaugural Marisa Rose Bowl.
It will be the first such senior all-star-game involving players from Middlesex County since 2019, as the game was on hiatus in 2020 and 2021 due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Players will be divided into two squads – Team Marisa and Team Rose – for the game on Thursday, July 21 at North Brunswick Township High School. There also are nearly 50 cheerleaders participating
You can hear the game live on Central Jersey Sports Radio, the official home for the Marisa Rose Bowl, with Mike Pavlichko calling the game alongside Korbid Thompson of the King James Radio Network.
Click here to listen on gameday.
The game will benefit the Marisa Tufaro Foundation, begun by longtime local sportswriter Greg Tufaro, formerly of The Home News Tribune/MyCentralJersey.com. The foundation is “a nonprofit whose mission is to assist pediatric patients and other children in need throughout the greater Middlesex County area.” It also gives out scholarships to local student-athletes, and the week of the game, a walk at St. Joseph High School in Metuchen will benefit local food pantries.
For more on the game and the Marisa Rose Foundation, click here.
Check back here in the coming days for more stories and details on the 2022 Marisa Rose Bowl.
Below are the rosters, by school, for each team. Please note rosters and positions may differ by the day of the game:
- Dunellen: Nasir Tippet (RB), Oscar Wasilewski (DE)
- East Brunswick: James Sparrow (WR), Romeo Diaz (LB), Noriano Smith (RB), Kraig Wade (DE), Jason Soliman (OT)
- Edison: Chase Priester (CB), Jordan White (LB), Zahir Huffin (DT)
- JP Stevens: Clarance Dixsoin (WR), Jahwill Palmer (C)
- Metuchen: Aidan Holloway (WR)
- Monroe: Jeremiah Vessel (DE), Tyler Scott (LB), Ryan Zurawiecki (OT)
- Old Bridge: Jake McAleavy (WR)
- Sayreville: Osei Bonsu (FS), Denzel Osae (LB), Santana Fonseca (DT), Claude Blagogee (DT), Nicholas Scabilon (OT)
- South Plainfield: Bryce Hollis (LB), Gregorio Zambrana (DE), Jake DelVecchio (SS), Jason DelPaoli (C), Michael Kurilew (LB)
- St. Joseph-Metuchen: Christian Solino (QB), Anthony Roige (WR)
- St. Thomas Aquinas: Kenny Coghan (LB)
- Carteret: Jordan McQueen (LB) Kanye Groover (RB), JayQuan Elliott (OT), Jehu Andrews (DT)
- Colonia: Lamont Hampton (SS), Joshua Prophete (RB), Mike Testa (CB), Cross Carrion (OG)
- Highland Park: Faizon Morris (DT), Nigel Bailey (LB)
- JFK: Justin Suero (WR), Emmanuel Akinrolabu (DT)
- Middlesex: Bobby Ulmer (C)
- North Brunswick: Marquis Perry (WR), Jayden Myers (WR), Brandon Harrison (DE)
- Perth Amboy: Matthew Fernandez (OG), Francisco Sierra (OT)
- Piscataway: Jaiden Parks (WR), Samir Croley-Battle (FS), Rocco Bellamy (LB), Jerrick Hargrove (DE)
- South River: Marcus Granadiero (LB), Matt Marchesi (C), Daquan Colbert (DT)
- Spotswood: AJ Legakis (CB), Ethan Williams (RB), Brandon Curnal (LB), Derek Santora (OG)
- Woodbridge: Isaiah Allen (WR), Matt Stanton (QB), Jayson Bradley (OT), Dylan Bradley (OG)
- Dunellen: Lauren Mann, Kayla Roberts
- Edison: Rylie Adams
- JFK: Christina Burroughs, Lucy Yanak, Stephanie Yu
- Metuchen: Amber May Cardillo, Amelia Gehring, Olivia Varga
- New Brunswick: Beyania Dover, Nia’Marra McFarlane, Kaijah Smith
- Old Bridge: Kayla Lance, Julia Leonhardt
- Sayreville: Emily Calantoni, Jessica Redding, Jenna Wrubel
- Carteret: Carley Belli, Savannah Doda, Alexandra Perez
- Colonia: Faith Johnson, Alexa Leviten, Erika Pannone, Deanna Shinski
- Middlesex: Anna Hommas
- North Brunswick: Crystina Cofer
- Perth Amboy: Yavely Marrero, Ivanie Mercado-Cepeda
- Piscataway: Tiyanna Buitrago, Dacia Henry, Nia Lowery
- South Brunswick: Naomi Bell, Alexandra Elmoudden
- South River: Madison Sporer
- Spotswood: Amy Bachetti, Failen Conroy, Alison Forsell, Mya Rogando-Lynch
- Woodbridge: Colleen Kester, Margaret McNee, Alisa Perez